Monday, January 10, 2011

365 Day 10

Since I'm doing jewelry this week, I decided to focus on items with sentimental value. Not that I don't love all the jewelry I have, because I do, but some pieces have special meaning for me. Obviously the second day's picture was of our wedding rings, so there is no explanation required there, especially since our 20th anniversary is this year.

I was given this pin when I was young (I think the writing on the back says 1976). It is handpainted on an egg shell. I loved this pin when it was given to me (who wouldn't love a dog cameo!), but wore it to school one day in the winter and lost it outside at recess. Everyone looked for it, but no one found it. I was devastated, and assumed it was gone forever. Happily though, when spring came, a classmate found it frozen into some ice on the playground. We were able to dig it up with only minimal damage. Thus this pin has a lot of meaning for me.

2 comments:

  1. That is sooo cute! And I love the background you put it on - it sets it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my first jewelry box. I don't know how old i was when I got it, but it's been around a long time! I looked inside to find the the pin, and everything in it is dog-related. I must have been dog-crazy even when I was young.

    ReplyDelete

Followers